Imagine things are going well for a long period until one day you get told you have lost ranging of all your jams in a national supermarket chain. You suddenly realise a competitor repositioned you three months ago. You are not relevant any more. What do you do?
Beerenberg Managing Director Anthony Paech will share the legacy, growth and rebranding of Beerenberg Farm as a presenter at ChangeJam16.
Anthony Paech, Managing Director, Beerenberg Farm
Anthony Paech is one of Australia’s most passionate advocates of premium food. As the head of Beerenberg, one of Australia’s best loved, iconic, family-owned brands and producers of jams, sauces and condiments, Anthony has devoted the past 16 years to building a brand which is in strong demand from Australian consumers and widely available internationally through leading hotels and airlines.
As the eldest son of Grant and Carol Paech, the founders of Beerenberg Strawberry Farm, he grew up on the outskirts of Hahndorf, South Australia. School holidays were spent picking strawberries, driving trucks and working in the family’s expanding factory.
After studying in Western Australia and completing an MBA, he took the reins of the family business in 1998.
Since then he has substantially grown the Beerenberg business, expanding its range and geographic spread, building national distribution through Coles, Woolworths, independent supermarkets and specialty food outlets.
His success has been acknowledged with multiple food and business awards and industry accolades. Under his leadership, Beerenberg was named Telstra Business of the Year (SA) in 2011. His expertise and advocacy has been recognised and harnessed by his 2013 appointment to the Board of the Australian Food and Grocery Council (AFGC). He has also held the position of Chair of peak food industry body Food South Australia since 2010.
- Joe Madiath, Founder and Hon.Chairman, Gram Vikas [International Keynote]
- Andrew Trickett, Global Rail Knowledge & Information Manager, Ove Arup & Partners
- Dr Andrew MacDonald, Managing Director, Mieza Consulting
- Anna Lee, Director, Leed Consulting
- Anthony Paech, Managing Director, Beerenberg Farms Pty Ltd
- Daniel Flynn (invited), Co-Founder & Managing Director, Thank You Group
- Darlene Mattiske-Wood, Deputy Chief Executive, Executive General Manager Strategy, Members & People, Chief Executive Office Group, People’s Choice Credit Union
- Erma Ranieri, Commissioner for Public Sector Employment, Office for the Public Sector
- Kate Thiele, Chief Executive Officer, Guide Dogs SA & 2015 South Australian Telstra Business Woman of the YearKeith Thomas (invited), Chief Executive Officer, Port Power Football Club
- Lisa Twyford, Managing Director, Clear Decisions
- Megan Hender, Chair, Economic and Community Development Committee, City of Adelaide and Principal, Megan Hender Consulting
- Peter Seltsikas, Senior Manager, Asset Management, SA Water
- Rosina Di Maria, Principal, Woods Bagot
Finally, events like ChangeJam16 don’t happen without the generous support of our sponsors. Thank you to Ajilon as our gold sponsor; and silver sponsors Chamonix and Hood Sweeney who are again supporting ChangeConnect with this initiative.
We hope you can join us!
Date: 4 May 2016
Time: 8.15 from registration; conference 9.00am – 5.30pm; including post conference networking drinks
Venue: Adelaide Convention Centre
Tickets: on sale at Eventbrite, $350 early bird, $400 standard (+booking fee)
Leave a Reply