For those working at the forefront of reinvention initiatives, transformative change can be exciting and even exhilarating. For everyone else, it is often merely exasperating and exhausting.
Whether you’re taking an evolutionary or revolutionary approach to change, success is dependent upon the majority of individuals in your organisation having a resilient mindset. This doesn’t preclude them from experiencing exasperation or exhaustion, but it does mean they’re able to manage effectively their own response to change.
Fortunately, resilience can be taught, equipping people with the skills required to grow in the face of stressors and changing demands. Not only do such skills prepare people for the change process, but they also prime individuals for success in the emergent environment.
Consultant Anna Lee will propose a ‘toolkit’ approach to developing resilience skills in a diverse workforce environments at ChangeJam16.
Anna Lee, Director, Leed Consulting
After a diverse career spanning the higher education, publishing and entertainment industries, Anna Lee established her own consultancy in 2008, when her first child was 6 weeks old. Her mission: to support women to take charge of their lives and careers.
Over the next six years Anna worked with hundreds of women, and became increasingly fascinated by the unconscious biases that underpin human behaviour – particularly individual and organisational decision-making. In 2014, her desire to impact on the ‘big picture’ led her to merge her business with Leed Consulting, partnering with her brother Diarmid. A key focus of Leed is working with leaders to mitigate bias, maximise effectiveness and make better decisions.
With a Masters in Professional Education and Training, Anna’s emphasis is always upon ensuring that new knowledge, skills and ways of thinking lead to immediate and sustainable action. She is particularly skilled at helping people develop cognitive habits that strengthen resilience and improve performance.
Key clients include Santos, Minter Ellison Lawyers, Bendigo and Adelaide Bank and the Department of Premier and Cabinet.
Anna has held various positions on executive and management committees, including State President of the National Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services and State Convenor of the Australian Collaborative Education Network. Anna has previously held positions on the Boards of No Strings Attached Theatre of Disability and the Community Business Bureau. She is currently Chair of her children’s School Council.
- Joe Madiath, Founder and Hon.Chairman, Gram Vikas [International Keynote]
- Andrew Trickett, Global Rail Knowledge & Information Manager, Ove Arup & Partners
- Dr Andrew MacDonald, Managing Director, Mieza Consulting
- Anna Lee, Director, Leed Consulting
- Anthony Paech, Managing Director, Beerenberg Farms Pty Ltd
- Daniel Flynn (invited), Co-Founder & Managing Director, Thank You Group
- Darlene Mattiske-Wood, Deputy Chief Executive, Executive General Manager Strategy, Members & People, Chief Executive Office Group, People’s Choice Credit Union
- Erma Ranieri, Commissioner for Public Sector Employment, Office for the Public Sector
- Kate Thiele, Chief Executive Officer, Guide Dogs SA & 2015 South Australian Telstra Business Woman of the YearKeith Thomas (invited), Chief Executive Officer, Port Power Football Club
- Lisa Twyford, Managing Director, Clear Decisions
- Megan Hender, Chair, Economic and Community Development Committee, City of Adelaide and Principal, Megan Hender Consulting
- Peter Seltsikas, Senior Manager, Asset Management, SA Water
- Rosina Di Maria, Principal, Woods Bagot
Finally, events like ChangeJam16 don’t happen without the generous support of our sponsors. Thank you to Ajilon as our gold sponsor; and silver sponsors Chamonix and Hood Sweeney who are again supporting ChangeConnect with this initiative.
We hope you can join us!
Date: 4 May 2016
Time: 8.15 from registration; conference 9.00am – 5.30pm; including post conference networking drinks
Venue: Adelaide Convention Centre
Tickets: on sale at Eventbrite, $350 early bird, $400 standard (+booking fee)